Raymond R, Davis Scholarship
Essay Theme: #Faith - It does not make things easy, it makes them possible!
Application deadline JANUARY 30, 2018
- A member of The African Methodist Episcopal Church (AMEC)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's program at an accredited college or university with plans to continue in the Fall of 2018 OR
- Currently a high school senior with plans to enroll at an accredited college or university in the Fall of 2018
- Official application with signature of the Local Lay President and the Local Pastor. (If the church does not have a Lay Organization the Pastor may sign and indicate in writing "No Lay Org.")
- One recent high school or college transcript with the official seal. **A SEALED COPY ISSUED TO THE STUDENT** will be accepted.
- Five(5) copies of a letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the student's academic performance(teacher, principal, professor, academic advisor) and possibility for future success.
- Five(5) copies of an 800-1000 word typed double spaced essay that speaks to the theme: #Faith - It does not make things easy, it makes them possible! (Include a title (and/or subtitle), number your pages, but do not put your name anywhere on your essay)
- One(1) photograph, 3x5 preferred size of the applicant only (may be sent electronically)
- ALL REQUIRED MATERIALS: application, letter of recommendation, transcript, photograph and typed essay must be mailed to:
Dr. Lenora Brogdon-Wyatt,
1113 West Second Street,
Xenia, Ohio 45385,
Materials must be postmarked on or before January 30, 2018
**The photograph may be submitted electronically
**It is preferred the student request the transcript and include it with the application
**If the transcript is sent directly to Dr. Brogdon-Wyatt it MUST BE POSTMARKED on or before January 30, 2018